Outlook quit working with comcast email

Anonymous
2022-04-25T00:59:04+00:00

For over a year, I have received my Comcast email to my laptop using my Outlook 365 app. Never had an issue until this morning. All I got was a 'send/receive error'. When I tried repairing it, nothing worked! I double-checked that the security box as still turned on to allow third party email programs (it was); I 'repaired' the connection using incoming server: imap.comcast.net, port: 993, encryption method: SSL/TLS, outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587, encryption method: SSL/TLS. I am getting this error message:

So, I tried the other encryption methods - still would not connect. I have absolutely NO idea why it worked when I went to sleep last night and this morning it does not. I would really appreciate any help.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T14:04:52+00:00

    It's a miracle. Just for fun I tried adding my comcast email account back to Outlook and it worked. I have not changed anything on my laptop. For weeks I was getting prompted for password endlessly. Microsoft tech said it was Xfinitiy's problem. I had two cases open with Xfinity and of course I never heard from anyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T21:56:04+00:00

    The miracle is over. Today I am back to getting endless pop ups to enter my password for my comcast email. Nothing was changed on my laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-12T10:42:43+00:00

    Just had to say Noooooooooo! So sorry this keeps happening to you! Like I said, my husband has stopped trying to use Outlook with his Comcast account. Strange that I have experienced none of these issues with my account, which I have on four different devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-12T15:07:59+00:00

    Thanks, Melissa, for your understanding.

    George

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-19T15:14:13+00:00

    I just found an option in Email Settings -> Security tab in the web inbox of my Xfinity account where you need to check

    Allow access to my Xfinity Connect email through third-party programs (e.g., Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc.).

    This worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments