Outlook quit working with comcast email

Anonymous
2022-04-25T00:59:04+00:00

For over a year, I have received my Comcast email to my laptop using my Outlook 365 app. Never had an issue until this morning. All I got was a 'send/receive error'. When I tried repairing it, nothing worked! I double-checked that the security box as still turned on to allow third party email programs (it was); I 'repaired' the connection using incoming server: imap.comcast.net, port: 993, encryption method: SSL/TLS, outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587, encryption method: SSL/TLS. I am getting this error message:

So, I tried the other encryption methods - still would not connect. I have absolutely NO idea why it worked when I went to sleep last night and this morning it does not. I would really appreciate any help.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-21T10:52:12+00:00

    This did nothing to resolve the issue. I've given up and my husband is no longer trying to use Outlook with his Comcast email. So frustrating to have this happen suddenly, after years of it working fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-21T14:27:54+00:00

    I got it to work by installing Office 2019 for desktop and doing away with Office (MS) 365. What a sad state of affairs that I had to return to older technology to solve this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-21T16:24:26+00:00

    I spent hours on the phone with Microsoft support. Let them share my computer. The support person did most of what I already tried to no avail. They finally said it was a Xfinity problem. Then after several calls to Xfinity, I finally got support person and went through everything again. Nothing worked. They then opened a case for me CR068935992 and told me level 2 would get back to me in an hour. Well 24 hours later I have not heard from anyone. So, what do I do now? Waste another day trying to get a person on support. So, at this point Microsoft blames Xfinity, and Xfinity blames Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-21T16:35:44+00:00

    I spent hours on the phone with Microsoft support. Let them share my computer. The support person did most of what I already tried to no avail. They finally said it was a Xfinity problem. Then after several calls to Xfinity, I finally got support person and went through everything again. Nothing worked. They then opened a case for me CR068935992 and told me level 2 would get back to me in an hour. Well 24 hours later I have not heard from anyone. So, what do I do now? Waste another day trying to get a person on support. So, at this point Microsoft blames Xfinity, and Xfinity blames Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-23T18:27:28+00:00

    Hello Tom and to the others experiencing this issue,

    Please try the web version of Outlook at Outlook.com and try sending an email to yourself. Are you able to receive/send it?

    Does this mail work on any other devices for you?

    Thank you and please keep me updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments