Outlook quit working with comcast email

Anonymous
2022-04-25T00:59:04+00:00

For over a year, I have received my Comcast email to my laptop using my Outlook 365 app. Never had an issue until this morning. All I got was a 'send/receive error'. When I tried repairing it, nothing worked! I double-checked that the security box as still turned on to allow third party email programs (it was); I 'repaired' the connection using incoming server: imap.comcast.net, port: 993, encryption method: SSL/TLS, outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587, encryption method: SSL/TLS. I am getting this error message:

So, I tried the other encryption methods - still would not connect. I have absolutely NO idea why it worked when I went to sleep last night and this morning it does not. I would really appreciate any help.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-08T21:36:35+00:00

    I have the same issue. Has anyone found a solution? It started out as just not sending email. Now I can not set up the account again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-16T14:56:55+00:00

    I have had this same issue for a week now. Outlook worked fine for years with Xfinity. One day I started getting Imap pop up for password. Has anyone found the solution? I also have third party checked at Xfinity website. Password is correct as I am using it on Iphone and when using email at xfinity.com. I have tried "repair"

    Xfinity says it is Microsoft problem not theres.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-16T23:30:47+00:00

    Hello, I would recommend double checking your password and try generating a new app password.

    To create a new password for Comcast: (Setup "Comcast Email IMAP Settings" to configure account in other Clients (bitrecover.com))
    You need to disable 2 Factor authentication in your Comcast email account. If it is enable you can generate an app password and use the same app password to Login into the Software.

    1. Download the Xfinity Authenticator app
    2. Open the app and select Register with Xfinity.
    3. Use your Xfinity ID and password to sign in.
    4. Enter Code
    5. After the Verification>> On Two Step Verification.
    6. Create App Password.

    Use this new password when you are in your account settings on Outlook and replace the old password with the new app password.

    Thank you and please keep me updated

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-20T21:27:31+00:00

    As I have not received a reply in a few days I will consider that your issue has been resolved, if it has not been resolved then please create a new thread as I will no longer be monitoring this one. Thank you for your understanding : )

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments