Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Thank you for all that work! I'll save your suggestions.
George
😊Thank you. *beejay
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For over a year, I have received my Comcast email to my laptop using my Outlook 365 app. Never had an issue until this morning. All I got was a 'send/receive error'. When I tried repairing it, nothing worked! I double-checked that the security box as still turned on to allow third party email programs (it was); I 'repaired' the connection using incoming server: imap.comcast.net, port: 993, encryption method: SSL/TLS, outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587, encryption method: SSL/TLS. I am getting this error message:
So, I tried the other encryption methods - still would not connect. I have absolutely NO idea why it worked when I went to sleep last night and this morning it does not. I would really appreciate any help.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for all that work! I'll save your suggestions.
George
😊Thank you. *beejay
Thank you for all that work! I'll save your suggestions.
George
For me, this problem started maybe 6 months ago. Not only asking repeatedly for the passwords, but also synchronization issues and other kinds of random connection errors. I have spent months trying to just live with Outlook365 repeatedly popping up prompting me for the passwords for the two Comcast Email accounts even though they are right there and 'save to password list' is checked. Cancelling pop up or just closing it did not matter - came right back up. Off and on I tried various solutions, I found on the Web, but nothing worked and I have had to close my Outlook program to stop the incessant pop-ups. Yesterday and today, something I did has worked for me (fingers crossed, though). I don't know if it will help others.
First, I run Windows 11 on an HP PC, with everything updated and optimized. No viruses. In Outlook, I have my Microsoft Exchange email account (@.edu) and two Comcast email accounts (@comcast.net). I also just added a Gmail email account. I did the necessary "allow 3rd party programs" in my Comcast account settings months ago when this all first started. I also have Norton 360 and Norton Utilities. My Norton VPN is on. I have an annual subscription to Microsoft365.
Last night, I did this because I was so frustrated. I removed the two Comcast email accounts completely from Outlook, leaving only my Exchange. I then went into my on-line Comcast account and changed their passwords (just to have something new). Closed Outlook. I then double-checked my PC to make sure everything was up-to-date and ran both my Norton360 program (for viruses) and the Norton Utilities program (it does a PC, Windows, and Internet Cleanup). I shut down the PC for the night.
Today, I just started from scratch. After booting up my PC, I proceeded to configure Microsoft Outlook365 as follows:
Next, I followed these instructions:
Will this work for you? Don't know...but, maybe it will help someone. I have my Outlook program loaded, have been working on my PC for an hour or so, not one pop-up or synchronization issue. Fingers crossed it will stay this way. Good luck all.
I have that checked and it still did not work for me.
What I did discover is that in My Norton Secure VPN was turned on. Turned it off and outlook works with comcast email id. I saw something on Norton support about split VPN and excluding an App. When I tried to split VPN and add outlook it did not let me ADD it. Will look further soon. Not time now.
This is not working for me. So frustrated.