Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
For over a year, I have received my Comcast email to my laptop using my Outlook 365 app. Never had an issue until this morning. All I got was a 'send/receive error'. When I tried repairing it, nothing worked! I double-checked that the security box as still turned on to allow third party email programs (it was); I 'repaired' the connection using incoming server: imap.comcast.net, port: 993, encryption method: SSL/TLS, outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587, encryption method: SSL/TLS. I am getting this error message:
So, I tried the other encryption methods - still would not connect. I have absolutely NO idea why it worked when I went to sleep last night and this morning it does not. I would really appreciate any help.
Thes ame thimg happened to me. We travelled in the US on Sunday. My wifes email stopped working on outlook, my iphone,her iphone and our ipad on Sunday. Then it stopped working on all my devices today (Thursday). I could still access email by loging on to xfinity on the internet. I spent hors on this today. I finally called XFINITY and got the run around. Finally a tech had me change all passwords, delete my wifes and my accounts from Outlook, IPad and IPhone and then re-add the accounts. A real pain. It works intermitantly on my iphone. I still cant get it to work in Outlook. I updated my computer and outlook. I am sure this is an Xfinity server issue, My Xfinity technician was very nice , talking me through all the staps. His last bit of advice was to wait 2 hours for the password change to propogate to the xfinity IMAP server. I did, but I still cant add my xfinity account to outlook. I think I will just start using xfinity email through the internet.
My guess is that the Xfinity server is so slow that Outlook times out and asks for the password again.
I had a VPN issue in Australia. Xfinity could not figure that out either. I could not send mail with VPN eneabled. It worked in the US but not in Australia. Xfinity did have me reset all network settings which turned airplane mode off on my iphone and cost me $200, which they refused to reimburse. I was in a Hotel room. Wifi went down and my phone switched to Roaming data while trying to work through the issue.