Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
I just changed my Comcast password and am now having the same issue as noted above.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For over a year, I have received my Comcast email to my laptop using my Outlook 365 app. Never had an issue until this morning. All I got was a 'send/receive error'. When I tried repairing it, nothing worked! I double-checked that the security box as still turned on to allow third party email programs (it was); I 'repaired' the connection using incoming server: imap.comcast.net, port: 993, encryption method: SSL/TLS, outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587, encryption method: SSL/TLS. I am getting this error message:
So, I tried the other encryption methods - still would not connect. I have absolutely NO idea why it worked when I went to sleep last night and this morning it does not. I would really appreciate any help.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I just changed my Comcast password and am now having the same issue as noted above.
This happened to me about a week ago and smtp STILL does not work. I can get emails and can even see the sent ones in the folder but the SMTP server continues to block my outgoing mail so I am forced to use the web interface right now. I already checked the 3rd party button within Comcast to allow Outlook to work but the SMTP is the problem for ME.
I am having the same issue with Outlook no longer working for comcast mail and receive the same error message. Extremely frustrating!
It would appear that many peoples have problems with certain providers mail accounts, generally an MS Office repair cures the problem or it simply cures itself after a day or so, its a problem at the providers end
A comcast mail account is setup using auto setup so no settings are used, you only need the mail address & its password
Yea, I tried the auto-set-up and it still did not work. That's when I tried to set-up manually. I've been trying to set my Outlook 365 mail app back up for several days - still not working. Like I stated, it worked fine one evening, turned off my laptop, went to sleep. Next morning, cannot get my email. Have not idea what happened nor can I repair it. I won't renew my subscription without being able to use Outlook on my desktop as an app.
It would appear that many peoples have problems with certain providers mail accounts, generally an MS Office repair cures the problem or it simply cures itself after a day or so, its a problem at the providers end
A comcast mail account is setup using auto setup so no settings are used, you only need the mail address & its password