Outlook quit working with comcast email

Anonymous
2022-04-25T00:59:04+00:00

For over a year, I have received my Comcast email to my laptop using my Outlook 365 app. Never had an issue until this morning. All I got was a 'send/receive error'. When I tried repairing it, nothing worked! I double-checked that the security box as still turned on to allow third party email programs (it was); I 'repaired' the connection using incoming server: imap.comcast.net, port: 993, encryption method: SSL/TLS, outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587, encryption method: SSL/TLS. I am getting this error message:

So, I tried the other encryption methods - still would not connect. I have absolutely NO idea why it worked when I went to sleep last night and this morning it does not. I would really appreciate any help.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T06:24:51+00:00

    Wow. All I did was turn off VPN and starting getting comcast emails again, Thanks!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T13:23:19+00:00

    Hello, I would recommend double checking your password and try generating a new app password.

    To create a new password for Comcast: (Setup "Comcast Email IMAP Settings" to configure account in other Clients (****))
    You need to disable 2 Factor authentication in your Comcast email account. If it is enable you can generate an app password and use the same app password to Login into the Software.

    1. Download the Xfinity Authenticator app
    2. Open the app and select Register with Xfinity.
    3. Use your Xfinity ID and password to sign in.
    4. Enter Code
    5. After the Verification>> On Two Step Verification.
    6. Create App Password.

    Use this new password when you are in your account settings on Outlook and replace the old password with the new app password.

    Thank you and please keep me updated

    I have done that many times. Some times it connects for while and then it stops.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T18:03:00+00:00

    I have been an MS Office user for the last 6 years, and in April of this year, all of a sudden, my Outlook stopped receiving emails from Comcast. In May 2023, I discovered that POP3 was no longer being supported. So I converted my email account to IMAP. From May to October of this year, I experienced similar problems, where I would have to delete and create a new OST file or a new profile. Email would work for a few days then stop working again. After struggling for several months, I finally determined the issue was my security software was not permitting connection to Comcast's servers. What I had to do was create an exception in my security software to permit a connection to imap.comcast.net. Since then, Outlook has been working normally.

    To completely resolve this issue, I'm moving towards Microsoft Exchange servers tied to my domain, and use Comcast as only an ISP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-28T00:26:44+00:00

    i have not received email since Monday on my phone or computer. when i go on the comcast website i am able to view my mail. just does not come to the outlook which i have and pay for and it is paid for until January and i believe on auto renew. Alan Drazen ******@comcast.net

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T14:14:09+00:00

    I ended up leaving VPN on but went into settings>split tunnel and excluded outlook.exe.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments