Outlook quit working with comcast email

Anonymous
2022-04-25T00:59:04+00:00

For over a year, I have received my Comcast email to my laptop using my Outlook 365 app. Never had an issue until this morning. All I got was a 'send/receive error'. When I tried repairing it, nothing worked! I double-checked that the security box as still turned on to allow third party email programs (it was); I 'repaired' the connection using incoming server: imap.comcast.net, port: 993, encryption method: SSL/TLS, outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587, encryption method: SSL/TLS. I am getting this error message:

So, I tried the other encryption methods - still would not connect. I have absolutely NO idea why it worked when I went to sleep last night and this morning it does not. I would really appreciate any help.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-25T23:14:10+00:00

    I been troubleshooting for hours, tried many solutions that did not solve the problem. The NORTON VPN was causing the problem, once I turn-off VPN, Outlook was able to configure the profile. No more pop-up asking for password. Thanks for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-21T11:30:43+00:00

    Please include a link to the Xfinity Authenticator app for desktop using windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-06T17:02:30+00:00

    All of a sudden today outlook keeps asking for password which is correct. Went in to Norton 360 and found VPN was turned on after I turned it off awhile ago. Turned it off and outlook works again. Has anyone found a better solution for this than turning off VPN?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-24T12:21:34+00:00

    I have had a similar problem with comcast, I had initialized 2 step verification through them and then was conveniently locked out of my Comcast email for 2 days. Same situation where I was promised a call back. When I finally called and got to a level 2 person, they could not figure out what was wrong and again was promised a call back which again never came then I started having other issues with Comcast services. Finally, I was able to at least get my Email to SHOW UP in outlook, now It will just keep saying syncing to your mail and the mail never shows up! I think it is a world problem as no one wants responsibility any more. It seems as if both Microsoft and Comcast have problems!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-21T09:14:44+00:00

    I have this problem and 2 step verification is NOT a solution! 2 step verification is a bugged thing with comcast and I just spent 12 hours with them trying to retrieve my account because of the 2 step verification so I suggest other options first!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments