Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Thank you for all that work! I'll save your suggestions.
George
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For over a year, I have received my Comcast email to my laptop using my Outlook 365 app. Never had an issue until this morning. All I got was a 'send/receive error'. When I tried repairing it, nothing worked! I double-checked that the security box as still turned on to allow third party email programs (it was); I 'repaired' the connection using incoming server: imap.comcast.net, port: 993, encryption method: SSL/TLS, outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587, encryption method: SSL/TLS. I am getting this error message:
So, I tried the other encryption methods - still would not connect. I have absolutely NO idea why it worked when I went to sleep last night and this morning it does not. I would really appreciate any help.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for all that work! I'll save your suggestions.
George
I have that checked and it still did not work for me.
What I did discover is that in My Norton Secure VPN was turned on. Turned it off and outlook works with comcast email id. I saw something on Norton support about split VPN and excluding an App. When I tried to split VPN and add outlook it did not let me ADD it. Will look further soon. Not time now.
I just found an option in Email Settings -> Security tab in the web inbox of my Xfinity account where you need to check
Allow access to my Xfinity Connect email through third-party programs (e.g., Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc.).
This worked for me.
Thanks, Melissa, for your understanding.
George
Just had to say Noooooooooo! So sorry this keeps happening to you! Like I said, my husband has stopped trying to use Outlook with his Comcast account. Strange that I have experienced none of these issues with my account, which I have on four different devices.