Why is my send button showing on the top when I compose emails?

Anonymous
2022-11-08T02:39:54+00:00

I used to have send and discard buttons on the bottom when I compose, all of a sudden, the send button appears on the top left and discard button is missing. How can I get them back to where they were? FYI, Im using outlook on the web on mac system.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-08T03:49:46+00:00

    Dear Xinxing CONTEIRA,

    Good day!

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

    As per your description, we understand that you have a concern with missing discard button and send button is appeared on the top when you compose emails. If I am wrong, please correct me. Thank you.

    Based on your concern, we have been researching and did test from our end on different Mac devices and we got the same result with your provided screenshot. 

    So, the send button to appear on top is by design for outlook for web on Mac. However, your concern is very meaningful, and we believe that this is many users concern as well, therefore we strongly recommend you to upload your concern as an idea to Microsoft Outlook Feedback site Outlook · Community (microsoft.com). 

    Thank you for your precious time and understanding. For other concerns, please do not hesitate to add your post in the Microsoft Community Team.  

    Sincerely,
    Libeamlak | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-09T18:13:38+00:00

    I am also having that issue with the send button on the top left. This is horrible and I need this fixed. What has happened?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-09T18:21:01+00:00

    I wish I could tell you, but it is not user friendly. Even our submit button for the post knows it should be at the bottom. I deal with emails all day long and I hate this updated version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-09T18:48:42+00:00

    So this was an update they did? If so, are they going to fix it? This needs to get fixed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-10T15:16:59+00:00

    I've had this same issue for the last few days.

    I don't know if it will work for everyone, but I flipped my settings into dark mode and my task bar mostly reappeared.

    Some tiles are grayed out but at least my task bar is back down at the bottom so i can use my templates again.

    Hope it helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments