Open Outlook to read your message : Outlook Mobile for Apple iOS 16.6

Anonymous
2023-08-02T15:38:38+00:00

Hi all.

I am no longer able to preview new incoming emails from the notification / lock screen on my iPhone. The iPhone notification says "open outlook to view your messages"

Why did this suddenly start happening in the past few days (August 2023)?

Details and troubleshooting:

IPhone 13

iOS 16.6

Uninstalled and reinstalled outlook from the apple app store

Notifications are all enabled in the app and iphone.

Apparently this happened also a few years back and a patch was released later to fix the behavior.

Did Microsoft / Apple not learn from this in the past that it is very needed functionality? I need to know from the lock screen if it's an urgent email incoming, or something I can ignore for later.

Please help.

Thanks,

Steve

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-08-18T12:36:56+00:00

Update: Per this Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Outlook/comments/1493krp/outlook\_for\_ios\_notifications\_cannot\_show\_preview/

Go into Outlook App settings and turn on Face ID at the bottom. Restart App

Go back into Outlook App settings and turn Face ID off at the bottom. Restart App

Go into iPhone settings, scroll down to Outlook, find Face ID setting. Turn it OFF

Open Outlook App.

It's now working for me again. Bug Bug Bug....

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T18:05:19+00:00

    Thanks it worked. Appreciate the help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-30T19:54:17+00:00

    This answer also worked for me! Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-07T22:41:15+00:00

    Happened to me today (11.07.23) was working perfectly fine yesterday morning when I get a bunch of work/school emails. Today I missed important emails this morning because I had to open the app to preview the email notification. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled changed my settings for notifications.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T18:54:59+00:00

    Thanks so much. This worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments