Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T23:03:16+00:00

    Hey Mark, if you have a Twitter account, get on it and start complaining. It's the biggest platform to get Microsoft attention. I already know they have no idea how to fix it but we have to put it out there and keep doing it. Maybe they'll get advice then from Google, who has no spam on Gmail. Microsoft a big let down.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-20T15:36:34+00:00

    Same problem here. Got only worse during the last year and Microsoft ain't changing anything. I've used my dear Hotmail address since 2007 but decided to change to Gmail now. Bye-bye Hotmail! You lost a client today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T00:02:14+00:00

    The problem is getting very bad on my Hotmail/MSN accounts. It's always been bad, but the last few months have been dreadful. On my Gmail account very minor and on my isp account nothing.

    i think it would be best for Microsoft to close these accounts down and get the public start with new.

    The only trouble with that is you won't be to keep your username, as it flags up that username has already been taken if you try to change your account. Even if you try to use your username on a new Gmail account, you can't for the same reason

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T01:33:15+00:00

    Yep, very bad for many. The last 3 days I've been getting so many in my inbox, not even going into the spam box. I'd really like to know **** is going on. I never get spam in my Gmail at all. I've went on X - Twitter & made my annoyance very public and the wanted me to message them direct. I did and they virtually admitted they do nothing and can't help me. I'm really angry, it's time consuming to report or block the damn things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments