Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T01:27:00+00:00

    I got really annoyed with the same old same old lame suggestions that I get from Microsoft so I got on X aka Twitter and had them responding immediately with guess what? Same old same old advice. Wanting to know what subscription I have ( which I have no idea) but if all you guys are getting the same issues then the subscription is irrelevant. Today I have 52 spam emails with National Casino in the subject and this is one of the many I made a blocking rule marking both header and subject and still they keep coming. Is Microsoft failing, should we be trying to contact Bill Gates or Paul Allen or the CEO of Microsoft to get our point across!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T01:32:55+00:00

    Hi Danbo, perhaps we have to find some way to get Bill Gates attention. Or whomever is high up in Microsoft to listen to us. The best way to get them to noticce you is on Twitter or X. If you have an account start complaining to them publicly to @Microsoft. They responded to me immediately but just with the same b**s*** questions and advice however, if suddenly a lot of unhappy users are appearing on X I'm sure that'll shake things up. Denise

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-07T15:25:27+00:00

    I plan on blocking the entire @hotmail address today under junk options.

    It's rediculous.

    And its not advertising - most of the spam is infected, with seemingly arbitrary names.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T01:37:07+00:00

    I have the same question. I've tried all the blocking / reporting tips, but I get about 40 spam emails a day from the same few senders, and it is getting right on my nerves. No spam at all in Gmail. Come on, Microsoft. Sort this out, please!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T03:28:21+00:00

    Yes, I've had lots of contact with Microsoft after I complained on X Twitter. They still give all the same bull**** excuses. They say they're working on it but I'm not stupid, everything they say back to me is read from a manual! I truly think they can't fix it. I've learnt how to find who the message source is and been adding them to the 'new rules' set up but the spam finds different email addresses and keep doing it. Very frustrating all round. Microsoft, big famous, flashy tech company and they can't even stop spam. Unbelievable!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments