Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-15T23:28:25+00:00

    Hey GoldenBuckeye1,

    Mustafa only knows how to give the same info every time this complaint is put to him. Sadly he's either a bot or someone reading from a manual. Microsoft has lost control of this problem and can't help us at all. It's really bad now and no matter how many of us are complaining and there's heaps, nothing is going to work. Either Microsoft is getting paid to allow it or it's a broken system. Absolutely disgusting! Many are changing their accounts. I've had outlook for over 20yrs and I wouldn't know where to begin to change over. I have a Gmail account and no spam, ever!

    Cheers Denise

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-15T15:03:03+00:00

    That doesn't work. I still get them. At least 20 a day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T09:02:33+00:00

    Hi Allen, unfortunately I'm not tech savvy enough to tell you how to do the changes you're asking about. Hopefully someone on here can. There are heaps of really smart people complaining of the same thing and about to make the changes too. I do hope one of them reads your post and gives you the advice you need. Cheers Denise

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T02:14:41+00:00

    I guess it wouldn't surprise anyone that I am having the same problem as well. Have been using my hotmail address also for about 25 years, and I have been inundated with spam over the last few years, both in the inbox and in the junk folder. No matter how many times I report some thing as spam or phishing more and more keeps coming in. My inbox is untenable. My options are:

    1 I am in the process of migrating all my accounts and other services away from Hotmail usernames/logins

    2 I have been paying for Hotmail plus all these years. I will be canceling that.

    Any ideas on how to change my Hotmail username from my 2 Windows PCs and my office 365 account?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments