Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T03:30:16+00:00

    I can't believe people are saying to you 'but they go in your junkmail'. They must be imbeciles to answer with that. I have a Gmail account and not one junk mail ever arrives. It's a definite MS problem that they can't fix but won't admit to it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T03:26:26+00:00

    Yes, it is an impossible task. Microsoft a big let down in this area. I am looking at holidays overseas at the moment and as soon as I began, the junk mail is pouring in and out of control. MS really has shown to be a dud in controlling this issue. They don't even have staff that can help because they don't know what to do and have no way of stopping it but won't admit it. Extremely annoyed at MS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T23:11:06+00:00

    Hi Denise,

    I scrolled down to see the source of the email but I didn't see my email address but a long list of info. There are so many "received from" I couldn't even count. This would not work because every junk email has a new email address. I have blocked hundreds if not thousands the past few months. It's a very bad situation. :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T22:52:26+00:00

    I totally agree with you Michael, same problem here and I've tried everything, made no difference, I'm very frustrated!!

    Are these concerns getting to Microsoft at all????

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T22:47:49+00:00

    It'd been happening to me as well. I've had my hotmail account for 20 years. The amount of junk email I have been receiving daily is increasing the past few months, it's about 50 per day, sometimes more. Mostly goes into my junk folder but it is such an annoyance and a big concern for me.

    For a while I reported and blocked every single one of them, made no difference. I receive a lot of emails starting with preview@..., they seem ads but a lot of them.

    Next step, I changed my junk email setting to Strict to receive emails only from safe senders and domains, still made no difference.

    Then, I created a rule, emails containing "preview" in the email addresses to be deleted, nothing.

    People say, but they go to the junk folder, and? I still have to go through them and save the emails that are not junk so I don't lose important emails.

    This is not acceptable. Microsoft should be addressing this issue and providing protection to account users. Why I cannot change my setting to put certain junk emails directly to the deleted folder?

    There is no issue for people who use apple computers, no junk at all. My gmail account doesn't receive junk emails but I don't use that account. So I can't really tell but I hear it's not an issue.

    Microsoft, please address this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments