Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-18T23:07:14+00:00

    On the one hand, I'm glad I'm not the only one, I was starting to get paranoid

    On the other hand, I'm not glad that we are going through this nonsense with no way to fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-30T21:33:19+00:00

    Hey Mustafa

    I did that and I am still getting a lot of junk mails. I report them as phishing, block the addresses and they keep coming back. It is insane

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-30T16:16:16+00:00

    Over the years I've been having the same issue I'm just going to close the account and open a new account for my laptop only reason keep old account

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T05:31:14+00:00

    Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

    This problem started this August, i have had hotmail about 20 years :( Nothing helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T09:00:35+00:00

    That's a good question.
    If the concerns are not getting through, you can rightfully wonder why that is.
    If they are getting through, that's probably worse. Because that means Microsoft either don't care or lack know-how.

    I find it hard to believe the concerns are not getting through.
    I also find it very hard to believe they don't have the know-how.
    That pretty much leaves one option.

    From an outside point of view, it feels as if they abandoned Live Mail, but forgot to inform the users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments