Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T03:37:40+00:00

    At the moment I'm constantly bombarded with this emailer ******@zhishangmingzhan.com in my junk mail and I've added everyway I can in 'manage rules' and just blocking it, and as usual nothing f*****g works. Honestly Outlook such a disappointment. Their blocking & their rules doesn't work. It' just bulls**t, and this effing spam keeps on coming. Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves. My Gmail account never gets any spam, not ever!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T03:16:34+00:00

    Me too, specifically from the domain maqiqsent.com. I've blocked the domain, I've set up a rule to automatically delete any email from that domain, all failed. Oddly, the rule I set up worked for a couple days, or at least I assume it did because I stopped getting the daily spam. But it came back. Yes, I looked at the email header to make sure it was actually coming from maqiqsent.com and not somewhere else that simply spoofed it. I know Microsoft is a tiny, up and coming technology company, but I feel like they should have enough talent there to figure out how to block a domain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-08T03:07:25+00:00

    My name is Carlo. I have the same problem.

    I have tried for months to block senders. Basically, I either open the junk mail or select it, then click on the 3 dots and block. It doesn't do anything. I just keep getting tons of junk mail anyway. So it was just a wasted of time doing that. The most irritating thing is the fact that even though they may end up in my junk mail folder, I still have to go through the hundreds of junk mail to make sure I don't have any important email that occasionally end up in my junk mail folder. Not only is this so absolutely frustrating but tedious, so now considering just letting go of my hotmail account. Hotmail or Outlook security is so useless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-03T22:42:56+00:00

    Yeah having a Hotmail email is a nightmare for junk mail. You can either turn mail off and only allow emails for your accepted email addresses or get tonnes off unwanted junk emails. Even though you report the junk mails there still come. Starting to hate Hotmail. Maybe they’re going it for a reason 🤔

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-02T18:57:10+00:00

    The same problem has persisted for over 6 months now. Every single day, I’m bombarded with at least 15 to 20 spam emails that I have to manually move to the spam folder. I'm beyond frustrated with this ongoing situation. It’s exhausting and time-consuming, and I need a real solution to end this endless cycle. 😞

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments