Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T01:33:15+00:00

    Yep, very bad for many. The last 3 days I've been getting so many in my inbox, not even going into the spam box. I'd really like to know **** is going on. I never get spam in my Gmail at all. I've went on X - Twitter & made my annoyance very public and the wanted me to message them direct. I did and they virtually admitted they do nothing and can't help me. I'm really angry, it's time consuming to report or block the damn things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T23:03:16+00:00

    Hey Mark, if you have a Twitter account, get on it and start complaining. It's the biggest platform to get Microsoft attention. I already know they have no idea how to fix it but we have to put it out there and keep doing it. Maybe they'll get advice then from Google, who has no spam on Gmail. Microsoft a big let down.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T14:06:41+00:00

    I am also having the same issue and it is driving me insane. Every time I check my email there are 30 more spam emails in my inbox. Not junk mail box. I block every single one and it does nothing. I have to be getting a 100 or more a days. Its ridiculous. If I hadn't used this email address forever, I would just stop using it. But to transfer everything over to my gmail is probably impossible at this point. Im not sure what to do but I cant deal with it much longer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T23:00:09+00:00

    Hello!

    I have the same problem. I get 100 spam mails a day. But many times the sender is empty. How is it possible that the sender from whom I receive the email is blank???? I have created all the rules, but I always receive 90-110 emails a day. But sometimes the same 10x

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments