Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-18T23:07:14+00:00

    On the one hand, I'm glad I'm not the only one, I was starting to get paranoid

    On the other hand, I'm not glad that we are going through this nonsense with no way to fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-30T21:33:19+00:00

    Hey Mustafa

    I did that and I am still getting a lot of junk mails. I report them as phishing, block the addresses and they keep coming back. It is insane

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-30T16:16:16+00:00

    Over the years I've been having the same issue I'm just going to close the account and open a new account for my laptop only reason keep old account

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T05:31:14+00:00

    Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

    This problem started this August, i have had hotmail about 20 years :( Nothing helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T03:28:21+00:00

    Yes, I've had lots of contact with Microsoft after I complained on X Twitter. They still give all the same bull**** excuses. They say they're working on it but I'm not stupid, everything they say back to me is read from a manual! I truly think they can't fix it. I've learnt how to find who the message source is and been adding them to the 'new rules' set up but the spam finds different email addresses and keep doing it. Very frustrating all round. Microsoft, big famous, flashy tech company and they can't even stop spam. Unbelievable!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments