Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-02T18:57:10+00:00

    The same problem has persisted for over 6 months now. Every single day, I’m bombarded with at least 15 to 20 spam emails that I have to manually move to the spam folder. I'm beyond frustrated with this ongoing situation. It’s exhausting and time-consuming, and I need a real solution to end this endless cycle. 😞

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T03:30:16+00:00

    I can't believe people are saying to you 'but they go in your junkmail'. They must be imbeciles to answer with that. I have a Gmail account and not one junk mail ever arrives. It's a definite MS problem that they can't fix but won't admit to it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T23:11:06+00:00

    Hi Denise,

    I scrolled down to see the source of the email but I didn't see my email address but a long list of info. There are so many "received from" I couldn't even count. This would not work because every junk email has a new email address. I have blocked hundreds if not thousands the past few months. It's a very bad situation. :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-15T23:28:25+00:00

    Hey GoldenBuckeye1,

    Mustafa only knows how to give the same info every time this complaint is put to him. Sadly he's either a bot or someone reading from a manual. Microsoft has lost control of this problem and can't help us at all. It's really bad now and no matter how many of us are complaining and there's heaps, nothing is going to work. Either Microsoft is getting paid to allow it or it's a broken system. Absolutely disgusting! Many are changing their accounts. I've had outlook for over 20yrs and I wouldn't know where to begin to change over. I have a Gmail account and no spam, ever!

    Cheers Denise

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-20T15:36:34+00:00

    Same problem here. Got only worse during the last year and Microsoft ain't changing anything. I've used my dear Hotmail address since 2007 but decided to change to Gmail now. Bye-bye Hotmail! You lost a client today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments