Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
I just sent message 2 minutes ago
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
all contacts in outlook have disappeared. How can I retrieve them?
(*Moved from Office insider.)
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I just sent message 2 minutes ago
very nice of yo to reply with your suggeston. HOWEVER, I REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE TOJUMP THRU THESE HOOPS JUST TO GET OUTLOOK.OCM TO WORK AS IT SHOULD....NOT TOMENTION, AS IT USED TO WORK.
THE "NEW" VESION OF OUTLOOK.COM OFFERS NO IMPROVEMENTS TO ME AND, IN FACTK MAIKES IT MORE CUMBERSOME TO USE (CHECK OUT HOW TO MOVE A RECENTLY RECEIVED MESSAGE TO ANOTHER FOLDER...A FEW EXTRA STEPS AND YOU CANT EVEN SELECT THE FOLDER YOU WANT TO MOVE IT TO WITHOUT SEARCHING FOR ALTERNATE WAYS TO DO IT.)
IT SHOULD BE A USER'S CHOICE TO KEEP THE OLD VERSION AND BE ABLE TO SWITCH BACK TO IT. Again, internet research shows suggested ways that, if anyone checked, do not exist and do not work.
I forgot to mention my calendars and subscribed calendars also returned after my work around.
I also want to point out that before I started this process, I uninstalled all Outlook apps, especially and including Outlook New.
I say the process worked for me, but I don't think it's an eloquent solution at all. It's just the only solution that I found to work. Unfortunately, I had to do this long process for everyone in my family. Then help extended family and coworkers too.
This absolutely reminds me of the 10 years or so I ran a blog that was set up just to offer work arounds for problems with Microsoft software. It'd be nice if the software just worked correctly every time, but 30+ years in the small computer business has taught me that mainstream customers and corporate clients get bugs worked out more often, where small handfuls of people or small businesses have to use elaborate work around procedures.
Where is the reply?
My Outlook Contacts for *** Email address is removed for privacy *** have suddenly disappeared. Please help me restore them. Microsoft created another account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, which may be how to find my Contacts.
<PII removed>