Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
I just sent message 2 minutes ago
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
all contacts in outlook have disappeared. How can I retrieve them?
(*Moved from Office insider.)
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I just sent message 2 minutes ago
My contacts too have been lost because I can no longer access OUTLOOK due to my trying the new version if it and finding that it then stopped me seeing them. Kindly restore them for me and all the others who have hopefully tried the new version.
*We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved.*The assumption of the recent reply by Microsoft, (not apparently by another complainer) about my not needing to continue with my need for unblocking my account is incorrect. It is still blocked and for reasons that are unclear and unknown to me. It is possible that someone else may be using the wrong password in order to access my account, but this repeated practice should not (as MS claims) be any reason for blocking my need to access it. I have forgotten the password for a long time, yet thankfully there are some parts of it that still work, including this messaging.
Whilst it is convenient for your good offices to make this poor assumption, it eventually will turn out to be bad for business when my need to make better use of OUTLOOK and other services will be badly limited. Microsoft seems to have changed its policy since when I first began to be involved with it. Today instead of trying to be helpful, all it seems to want is for us users to supply it with money apparently for more help. No longer is the "customer always right" which is the moto of a good salesperson!
Please unblock my account(s) without requiring many answers that I have great difficulty in finding, and don't send code to an account that you can easily see has been blocked, because obviously (and I suspect deliberately) there is no way for me to access it!
I am sending these comments in order to make your work more efficient because otherwise you must surely be getting a lot more complaints which you spend time claiming they have been solved as in your recent reply. This should be obviously untrue.
Hello
We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link:Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.
Thank you for understanding.
Sincerely
Khou Sun
Microsoft Community Moderator
All previous discussions and methods for returning contact data is based on someone who DELETED their contacts. Mine just plainly disappeared. Along with my calendar.
How do I obtain this VERY IMPORTANT DATA?????????????????
Johnnie Y
I too used a Hotmail account, which was deliberately reported as being blocked for several weeks and still is as far as I can tell. Its a disaster because I have lost the addresses of my contacts there. I have complained but no response from MS. So Ssurloff, we share this problem with I presume a lot of others ex users too! If I ever get it back I expect that after the regulatory month of no activity it will all be cancelled. MS are in it for the money and not through trying to be sincere and helpful and this should be obvious from the complication they want to see before anything might be done to unblock it.