Missing Conditional Formatting in the New Outlook?

Anonymous
2023-05-18T19:24:19+00:00

Hey there!

Conditional formatting (allowing you to change fonts for unread messages for example) seems to be missing on the new outlook?

Any know a way around that?

Thanks!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T15:15:43+00:00

    Still no improvement 20 months later as of January 2025?

    Why no conditional formatting for "unread messages"? The difference between read and unread is way too subtle -- I want to make "unread messages" stand out much more. And no workaround is available?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T04:25:58+00:00

    We want conditional formatting in calendar!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T14:06:46+00:00

    Image

    The very reason I purchased 365 ($110!) was for conditional formatting. So frustrated. I don't seem to even have 'settings'??. I have tried on both legacy and new view and cannot locate any settings, only preferences. and remain unable to locate conditional formatting. I will be demanding a refund if it remains not in the new product. No transparency in their product descriptions and advertising of this product.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-06T15:07:23+00:00

    I also tested last week, and there is now some limited conditional formatting existing in the online outlook. Some of my use cases could be solved by that (coloring of text), but other settings from traditional outlook are still missing (automatic labeling)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-06T14:40:45+00:00

    The roadmap says a Conditional Formatting change has been rolled out, and nothing is pending. A switch this morning, 1) did not ask to import settings, and 2) trashed all of my conditional formatting, and 3) appears to have changed all my read emails back into unread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments