Missing Conditional Formatting in the New Outlook?

Anonymous
2023-05-18T19:24:19+00:00

Hey there!

Conditional formatting (allowing you to change fonts for unread messages for example) seems to be missing on the new outlook?

Any know a way around that?

Thanks!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T13:04:11+00:00

    It looks like this is now on the roadmap and expected to be rolled out in the near future:

    Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-27T10:45:41+00:00

    I agree with this. I will switch back until Read / Unread is more clear!

    I like some other aspects of the new outlook .. Tasks management is good after some getting used it :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-29T10:17:52+00:00

    Very much agree with other posters; conditional formatting of message headers is a feature I find really useful. I will swap back to old Outlook until it is resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-06T14:51:34+00:00

    HOWEVER.... this is the extent of the conditions you are allowed to select:

    This is many steps backward .... sad really.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T04:12:47+00:00

    6 months passed, still no update for conditional formatting now. Disappointed with Programming department in MS.

    But I found if you change the new Outlooks' themes, the color of unread message will also change. (Setting>General>Appearance>Classic themes)

    Although there are not many themes, but maybe you can find the color you want.

    Hope this help everyone here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments