SMTP does not work

Anonymous
2023-01-09T19:05:01+00:00

Hi,

My Sage accounting system used to send invoices with no issues and then stopped working for a second time. The first time I had to change the configuration of the SMTP server which had fixed the issue for several months. Now it doesn't send emails again.

I have confirmed that the settings have not changed. The only security option is the torn on SSL/TLS or not with a check mark. The setting are as follows:

Why did it stop working (around end of Nov.) ?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T13:06:31+00:00

    I see you skipped some parts of my message as the last error message I post I said it was written in the online outlook app and not sent through Sage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T13:14:21+00:00

    I noticed that - the message "the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection" indicates it's a bigger problem than just the subject or contents (which seemed to be the original problem) - the recipient server is blocking mail sent from outlook.com and there isn't much you can do about it.

    The question is - are just some recipients affected - or is the problem widespread and most recipients affected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T13:22:30+00:00

    Every hotmail address on my list returns this error message. Gmail, yahoo, Icloud mail, etc receive my emails. Only hotmail recipients fail

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T13:32:51+00:00

    I just sent a mail to my hotmail box from my gmail account and it did not come through

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T21:36:18+00:00

    You are sending from an outlook.com account to other outlook.com accounts and only the addresses hosted on outlook.com fail or only those in the hotmail.com domain?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments