SMTP does not work

Anonymous
2023-01-09T19:05:01+00:00

Hi,

My Sage accounting system used to send invoices with no issues and then stopped working for a second time. The first time I had to change the configuration of the SMTP server which had fixed the issue for several months. Now it doesn't send emails again.

I have confirmed that the settings have not changed. The only security option is the torn on SSL/TLS or not with a check mark. The setting are as follows:

Why did it stop working (around end of Nov.) ?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T15:32:53+00:00

    In the outlook wep page in the help menu, when I search for SMTP I get different information. I'll try this server.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T15:38:03+00:00

    Server works, but issue is the same. Mails are sent but do not reach destination

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T16:11:04+00:00

    >> 451 5.7.3 STARTTLS is required to send mail

    That's the problem - but should not be applied to consumer accounts.

    Try using smtp-legacy.outlook365.com - it thought it was only for business accounts, but try it and see. Or test it in wormly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T16:41:40+00:00

    That server is not online. I tried port 587 and 25. Tried to ping the server ->could not find host

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T17:29:19+00:00

    @heartburn(2)") - When connecting to port 587, it's must to use TLS encryption using STARTTLS Verb (POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings - Microsoft Support). So this error is expected. If you want to connect using Non TLS, you can use port 25.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments