SMTP does not work

Anonymous
2023-01-09T19:05:01+00:00

Hi,

My Sage accounting system used to send invoices with no issues and then stopped working for a second time. The first time I had to change the configuration of the SMTP server which had fixed the issue for several months. Now it doesn't send emails again.

I have confirmed that the settings have not changed. The only security option is the torn on SSL/TLS or not with a check mark. The setting are as follows:

Why did it stop working (around end of Nov.) ?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-18T14:58:12+00:00

    Looks like the issue was outlook's spam robot got to aggressive. The day I contacted MS support, the case was escalated to tier 2 and in the process the issue went away and now the email are going through. I got 2 supplier to resend there invoice and I sent invoices to 3 of my customers successfully.

    For now, I can send and receive emails properly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-16T03:21:51+00:00

    You can use in-app support to report it.

    Log into Outlook.com on the web using a PC or Mac. If you log in from a mobile device, you need to use the desktop site.

    Click the ? icon to open the Help menu.

    Type a question. Scroll to the end of the research results and click Yes for Still need help?.

    How to get support for Outlook.com

    https://support.office.com/article/f5482a98-616...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-15T13:10:38+00:00

    I knew nothing about server errors messages. I've been educating my self. It is the MS anti spam engine that is the issue. Going though the forums, I found several other complaints about this issue since November. MS is blocking a lot of legitimate emails. I am also missing some statements from services like phone, and suppliers.

    Yet, I'm still receiving legitimate scam emails.

    This needs to be escalated the MS as the only other option is to move the gmail and ban customers with MS email addresses from E-Business. Not something I want to do, but I am being cornered here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-15T12:54:51+00:00

    My account is hotmail.com not outlook.com. There is only 1 outlook.com recipient in my list but it fails the same as all the hotmail.com email addresses

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T21:36:18+00:00

    You are sending from an outlook.com account to other outlook.com accounts and only the addresses hosted on outlook.com fail or only those in the hotmail.com domain?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments