Outlook Horizontal Line is not a full line and is inserted centered- office build 1912

Anonymous
2020-01-15T18:05:29+00:00

Outlook Horizontal Line is not a full line and is inserted centered in the body of the email.  First noticed on Version 1912 Build 1235.20288.  Looking for a fix.  Anybody else seeing this issue?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-24T20:08:31+00:00

    The original issue with the Horizontal line not covering the width of the email was fixed in all the recent builds of the different channels on 1/31/20.  Please make sure you have the latest build.  In Outlook click File, Office Account, Update Options, Update Now.

    This page shows the latest builds by channel.  If you are on the latest of the respective channel you should not see the issue.  You can see your version and channel by clicking File, Office Account under About Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-24T19:45:07+00:00

    I have been experiencing the same irritation!

    I have version 1909 which this all just started today, because yesterday and last week this did not happen at all.

    I am frustrated, annoyed, and can not find a good solution other than a quick fix ( not great) --- hit enter.

    Microsoft- Please fix this piece of "joy" that this brings to the many users out there.

    Thank you!

    CBS

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-24T16:12:24+00:00

    I don't know the "whys or wherefors" but the horizontal line is now working correctly in my Outlook.  My last update was 2020-03, KB4551762, but I don't know If that was what fixed the problem but it is indeed fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-03T11:23:52+00:00

    Hello, 

    Just updated to version 2001 compilation  12430.20184

    <HR> is displayed correctly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-31T10:39:51+00:00

    Hello Microsoft,

    When I rollback to the last version before 1912, I don't see the <HR> problem.

    However, An Outlook 1912 receiver of the mail will see the wrong centered <HR>.

    Our sent mail items look bad in that case!

    So, this issue must be resolved as soon as possible.

    For now, today I receveid version 2001, still the same issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments