Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
@Bedo12 - Thank you! Worked great - I'm back in business.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have Outlook downloaded from my Office 365 subscription and am running Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.
Today, around five hours after I started working, the text in the body of the email stopped showing, either all missing or just showing the first line.
When I look in the reading pane, all I see is "Hi Bee," and then nothing else. I have checked the emails on my iPhone 7 Outlook and Mail apps, and the body of the message is showing correctly.
I have disabled all COM Add-ins and I have run the full repair on the application, closed down the PC and restarted after a one minute break but still, it doesn't show correctly.
Any help gratefully received!
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
@Bedo12 - Thank you! Worked great - I'm back in business.
Bedo12, despite my concerns, this seems to have worked! Thanks. But yet again, note to MS: Please stop forcing updates that haven't been tested adequately! And kudos to this community.
Worked.....Thanks
This fixed the issue I was having. This happened sometime today and by rolling back it solved my issue to use Outlook again. Stop automatic updates whoever uses this fix to prevent it from coming.
You Rock man!
I had this issue with a very heavy email user and was banging y head on the desk thinking it was a one off issue. I happened to talk to a friend in IT who mentioned they were dealing with a strange outlook issue. It was the same one, once I realized it was happening more wide spread I found your answer here. You saved us so much time and our sanity.
TYVM