Outlook desktop client emails missing text in body

Anonymous
2021-05-11T19:46:55+00:00

I have Outlook downloaded from my Office 365 subscription and am running Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.

Today, around five hours after I started working, the text in the body of the email stopped showing, either all missing or just showing the first line.

When I look in the reading pane, all I see is "Hi Bee," and then nothing else. I have checked the emails on my iPhone 7 Outlook and Mail apps, and the body of the message is showing correctly.

I have disabled all COM Add-ins and I have run the full repair on the application, closed down the PC and restarted after a one minute break but still, it doesn't show correctly.

Any help gratefully received!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:10:26+00:00

    i am having the same issue. anyhelp would be appreciated it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:07:31+00:00

    I have two computers at one site with this issue that happened approximately 200pm CDT 5/11/2021.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:01:06+00:00

    Seeing a Definition Update on 5/10 and5/11

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T19:59:03+00:00

    This appears to be affecting a number of users. No word from MS, hope they are aware. Sounds like a bad update (again)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T19:51:54+00:00

    Exactly the same thing happened to me about six hours ago!  Can't find a fix.  Did Microsoft do an update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments