Language in outlook web changed to english and now only english options are available

Anonymous
2021-08-23T09:33:12+00:00

Hello. Im from Norway and i use Outlook web for seeing, sending and reply to emails. Recently, I saw that my Outlook web language had changed to english. I didnt change anything, and i even went to my Microsoft profile and there it says norwegian on both language options, and there everything is in norwegian. But my entire mail (inbox,sent, junk etc) all changed to english. I have tried to go to the options bar (the tool sign besides the profile picture when you are logged in) but the only options of language i get are different dialects of english. Any other language is not available. This is making me feel helpless, because I really want to see everything in Norwegian because its my preferred language. I also checked with a different email address, and there I have the option to choose any language you want, so its weird why it doesnt work for me on this one email. It used to be in norwegian before too so it changed by itself. As i said, i have already set my region and preferred language as Norwegian in the "my profile" option, but I dont understand why I cant choose any other language from the settings-tool in my email. Any help would be appreciated. I also have Norway as the region under the profile settings, but it still doesnt show any other languages than different dialects of english.

Note; this is about outlook.com and not the application you install on the machine. thank you.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-24T15:59:16+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm having the same issue, Outlook changed my language from Spanish to English (United States), and now it only displays various types of English in my language options, although I tried to change to one of them just to check and that also doesn't work, it refreshes the page and it's still set as English (United States).

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-24T16:10:29+00:00

    Hello Cathy,

    you said, this is an existing problem of outlook and recently several users had reported the same problem.

    Are there any sources of information about this issue?

    Thank you in advance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-25T09:55:29+00:00

    Hello. I'm having the same issue. It changed from portuguese to english by itself. As I can speak and understand english, it´s not a major issue, but as portuguese is my first languase, I feel more confortable using it and at the moment there are no other options apart from english.

    I hope this issue gets fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-25T14:00:20+00:00

    Any solutions yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-25T19:12:18+00:00

    Hey,

    i have the same issue since today! I used German Language and now iam having English (United States). Only English Language available in settings of Outlook-Web!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments