Language in outlook web changed to english and now only english options are available

Anonymous
2021-08-23T09:33:12+00:00

Hello. Im from Norway and i use Outlook web for seeing, sending and reply to emails. Recently, I saw that my Outlook web language had changed to english. I didnt change anything, and i even went to my Microsoft profile and there it says norwegian on both language options, and there everything is in norwegian. But my entire mail (inbox,sent, junk etc) all changed to english. I have tried to go to the options bar (the tool sign besides the profile picture when you are logged in) but the only options of language i get are different dialects of english. Any other language is not available. This is making me feel helpless, because I really want to see everything in Norwegian because its my preferred language. I also checked with a different email address, and there I have the option to choose any language you want, so its weird why it doesnt work for me on this one email. It used to be in norwegian before too so it changed by itself. As i said, i have already set my region and preferred language as Norwegian in the "my profile" option, but I dont understand why I cant choose any other language from the settings-tool in my email. Any help would be appreciated. I also have Norway as the region under the profile settings, but it still doesnt show any other languages than different dialects of english.

Note; this is about outlook.com and not the application you install on the machine. thank you.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T11:46:19+00:00

    Hello,

    Same problem here in Switzerland, but not for all outlook.com account...

    Is there a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T08:49:59+00:00

    Hello,

    I have the same issue with the German version. No way to fix it in the browser or backend.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T07:56:44+00:00

    I have the exact same issue. My mail was in Dutch, suddenly it changed into English and I can only change to other types of English.

    In my Outlook app it's still in Dutch, so I think it's only an issue in the web browser version. Maybe this could be helpful, to start using the app?

    Anyways, I hope they change this issue rather sooner than later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T06:07:14+00:00

    Buenas Cathy, muchas gracias por la información y espero que se logre solucionar lo más pronto posible. Aunque tengo otra cuenta de correo, esta es la que más uso por antigüedad y aunque no me incomoda, la parte de ortografía si me es más útil en español.

    Quedo pendiente y ojalá sea lo más pronto que las carpetas y el entorno me queden en español.

    Gracias,

    Luz Adriana

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T05:55:53+00:00

    Buenas, soy de Colombia y desde el 20 de agosto de 2021 el lenguaje de mi cuenta de hotmail quedo en inglés y no hay manera de cambiarla a español por ninguna parte porque el único lenguaje que deja por defecto es inglés en todas las presentaciones desde el comienzo hasta el final y no permite escoger el idioma español.

    Aparte cuando escribo el texto, el corrector de ortografía me queda en inglés y me subraya casi todas las palabras.

    Les pido encarecidamente que me colaboren porque mi cuenta de correo en hotmail.com es la que más uso y también verifiqué con otras cuentas y en otro computador y todo normal; entonces veo afectación de éste caso es en mi cuenta de correo.

    Hice todas las configuraciones regional y de idioma y es imposible arreglar el error porque el único lenguaje es el inglés.

    Quedo pendiente de su ayuda para dejar las carpetas predeterminadas y el entorno en español.

    Adjunto pantallazo de lo enunciado.

    Gracias,

    Luz Adriana Serrano Molina

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments