Language in outlook web changed to english and now only english options are available

Anonymous
2021-08-23T09:33:12+00:00

Hello. Im from Norway and i use Outlook web for seeing, sending and reply to emails. Recently, I saw that my Outlook web language had changed to english. I didnt change anything, and i even went to my Microsoft profile and there it says norwegian on both language options, and there everything is in norwegian. But my entire mail (inbox,sent, junk etc) all changed to english. I have tried to go to the options bar (the tool sign besides the profile picture when you are logged in) but the only options of language i get are different dialects of english. Any other language is not available. This is making me feel helpless, because I really want to see everything in Norwegian because its my preferred language. I also checked with a different email address, and there I have the option to choose any language you want, so its weird why it doesnt work for me on this one email. It used to be in norwegian before too so it changed by itself. As i said, i have already set my region and preferred language as Norwegian in the "my profile" option, but I dont understand why I cant choose any other language from the settings-tool in my email. Any help would be appreciated. I also have Norway as the region under the profile settings, but it still doesnt show any other languages than different dialects of english.

Note; this is about outlook.com and not the application you install on the machine. thank you.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-13T13:19:02+00:00

    Yes, it got fixed by Microsoft about 10 days ago. Normally, if you go back to your Outlook Web language settings, you should now have the full language list back (i.e. not limited to English anymore).

    I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-13T12:23:55+00:00

    is there any solution to this?

    Wish you all a nice day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-02T06:31:43+00:00

    I contacted Microsoft support and they told me that it is a global problem, it is known and that they are working on the solution....

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-01T21:34:31+00:00

    Im having the same problem, no solution yet since 20 august.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T10:23:32+00:00

    Today I have the same issue, only English languages are available. Yesterday everything was ok, German language, but today it is gone.

    Oddly, if I "open another mailbox" I have access to, this mailbox is correctly set to German with all other languages available, but not my main mailbox.

    Even I can handle the english setting, I would prefer my native language in all of my mailboxes, so please correct this soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments