Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Had the same issue. The only thing that seem to work for me, was turning OFF the "New outlook" feature.
You should be able to unhide "On My Computer":
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Microsoft Outlook for Mac version 16.35
I have folders created under "On My Computer" and it's been working fine until last week, when I don't see "On My Computer" in the Sidebar anymore.
When I go to Preferences => General, the Hide On My Computer folders is checked and grayed out. How do I un-grayed it out?
When I search for an email that is stored in one of the folders in On My Computer, I can see it and even manually move it to Inbox on the exchange server. So I know the emails in On My Computer are there and not lost/corrupted. I just can't go to the On My Computer folder. Is this a permission problem?
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
just did the upgarde and had same isue
you can use the TOGGLE to go back to older outlook its a switch at the top right of the OUTLOOK screen.
Hi
You're addressing other users here in the forum.
To address Microsoft, use the Help menu in Outlook and choose Contact Support.
Jim,
New Outlook slider at upper right is set to "Off". Last week that meant I had access to "On My Computer" but now I no longer have access to "On My Computer".
Outlook for Mac Version 16.42 (20101102)
And of course I have restarted my Mac to address. This changed nothing.
I appreciate your quick response but what's the next step because we've both covered the obvious troubleshooting and I am still without access to my emails.
I can confirm same behavior this morning and luckily found this thread quickly to come up to speed what the heck happened here?? Thanks to all previous posts to alert Microsoft of this issues. Microsoft - what is ETA on resolving this issue so we all don't have to rely on the outlook web client instead??? This is one hell of an oversight by the software engineers here.
Jim,
New Outlook slider at upper right is set to "Off". Last week that meant I had access to "On My Computer" but now I no longer have access to "On My Computer".
Outlook for Mac Version 16.42 (20101102)
And of course I have restarted my Mac to address. This changed nothing.
I appreciate your quick response but what's the next step because we've both covered the obvious troubleshooting and I am still without access to my emails.