Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
I also spoke with Microsoft yesterday. They say it's not their issue either, of course. The tech said that Outlook is simply a client and the information it has or the notifications it sends are due to information it receives from the server. (which actually makes sense to me) However, they did a remote session on my PC to take a look at it. The tech created a new Outlook profile in case the original was simply corrupted, it was not, we got the same notification as soon as Outlook started up. The tech then said I could either hide the notifications or talk to the Commercial division since it could be an issue with the server, I chose the latter. Commercial division says they can't help me because I don't have 365 Business and transferred me back. I eventually got hung up on after an hour and 45 mins, I was too irritated to call back and be civil so I will try again today. I now have 4 computers with this issue.