MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SYSTEM TRAY RESET OUTLOOK PASSWORD POP-UP WARNINGS

Anonymous
2020-08-23T04:27:26+00:00

over past several days I have received 5 MICROSOFT EXCHANGE OUTLOOK SYSTEM TRAY POP-UPS for each of my 5 exchange accounts, one by one, and then it starts all over again

warning me to renew my Microsoft Exchange password

which expires in "315334799" days (number which decreases by 1 each day)

the pop-up ends with a CLICK HERE TO RESET PASSWORD (which I have not clicked)

I have cleaned up my pc with Norton, CC Cleaner and Spybot, followed by rescue sessions with Microsoft and Norton.

So far, no solution.

Even new profile with just 1 exchange account brings up reset warning.

GoDaddy says there is no reason on earth to reset my passwords (which I have not yet tested)

Apparently problem is not a virus, but I would like it to stop.

The only thing which works thus far is to turn off SHOW MS EXCHANGES MESSAGES in system tray, but this is only a temp band-aid.

Ideas? Thanks!

Jonathan

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T02:24:49+00:00

    thanks - including one other reply, just after you today, EVERYONE WITH PROBLEM HAS EXCHANGE AND EVERYONE IS WITH GODADDY. I spoke at length with GoDaddy yesterday, but conversation was mainly around the fact that since I did not buy my version of Office (2013) from GoDaddy, then do not offer any support for it. As for our problem, rep says "I dunno". As GoDaddy only offers "full support" for Office 365, if this is what you have, I suggest you recontact them as our count is now up to FOUR. That said, when it comes to anything, particularly support, I personally don't count on GoDaddy for anything and have never heard of them doing a rescue session. Keep me posted and perhaps we should keep an eye on Google too. Best, Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T02:25:59+00:00

    As I just wrote guy before you who just wrote me: thanks - including one other reply, just after you today, EVERYONE WITH PROBLEM HAS EXCHANGE AND EVERYONE IS WITH GODADDY. I spoke at length with GoDaddy yesterday, but conversation was mainly around the fact that since I did not buy my version of Office (2013) from GoDaddy, then do not offer any support for it. As for our problem, rep says "I dunno". As GoDaddy only offers "full support" for Office 365, if this is what you have, I suggest you recontact them as our count is now up to FOUR. That said, when it comes to anything, particularly support, I personally don't count on GoDaddy for anything and have never heard of them doing a rescue session. Keep me posted and perhaps we should keep an eye on Google too. Best, Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T02:28:38+00:00

    note - my popups are identical to yours, except for odd black background color

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T03:41:02+00:00

    UPDATE - SEPT 2 - seeing that everyone who is "infected" is with GoDaddy, I just spent yet another hour with GoDaddy on phone, and this time they "elevated" the case, but the final answer was still the same - all users having such problems are merely having "client issues" while on GoDaddy's side, everything is immaculate. The GoDaddy rep and I agreed that their company would no doubt take the problem more seriously when the number of cases grows from 8 to 80 to 800... If anyone else has news on solving the problem, etc. kindly post. Thanks, Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T03:44:13+00:00

    PS - GoDaddy rep also sent me following link (tool) which they received from Microsoft:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4098558/scan-outlook-by-using-microsoft-support-and-recovery-assistant

    I personally won't be using this, as God only knows what it will do, but would enjoy hearing from anyone braver than me who tests same and if it does anything to solve problem, which I most sincerely doubt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments