MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SYSTEM TRAY RESET OUTLOOK PASSWORD POP-UP WARNINGS

Anonymous
2020-08-23T04:27:26+00:00

over past several days I have received 5 MICROSOFT EXCHANGE OUTLOOK SYSTEM TRAY POP-UPS for each of my 5 exchange accounts, one by one, and then it starts all over again

warning me to renew my Microsoft Exchange password

which expires in "315334799" days (number which decreases by 1 each day)

the pop-up ends with a CLICK HERE TO RESET PASSWORD (which I have not clicked)

I have cleaned up my pc with Norton, CC Cleaner and Spybot, followed by rescue sessions with Microsoft and Norton.

So far, no solution.

Even new profile with just 1 exchange account brings up reset warning.

GoDaddy says there is no reason on earth to reset my passwords (which I have not yet tested)

Apparently problem is not a virus, but I would like it to stop.

The only thing which works thus far is to turn off SHOW MS EXCHANGES MESSAGES in system tray, but this is only a temp band-aid.

Ideas? Thanks!

Jonathan

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T03:35:38+00:00

    UPDATE WED - MS engineer Noah finally called me and said reason why his supervisor did not call me was because supervisor said that it was a GoDaddy problem and not a MS problem, given that exchange server was sold to GoDaddy by MS. Plus, for the time being, Noah said it was not a widespread problem which they are really going to investigate. Noah offered me 2 solutions, which I am free to test. 1) do a clean uninstall/reinstall of Office, and 2) change boot-up identity/password on my PC. I told him that personally I would not do either of these, as it requires major work and some risk, just to cure a minor problem, but anyone is free to have a crack at this. Lastly, from my own POV, given that all PC's with this problem got "infected" recently at same time (and me I don't receive any MS updates on my PC anymore), given that the big number is very strange, and given that CLICK HERE doesn't work, in my view, this is not how the EARLY WARNING PASSWORD EXPIRY POP-UP was designed, and thus it could still be some form of malware or virus, plus it appears only on client software and not on webmail, although Noah pointed out webmail error messages do not work the same as client software error messages. As for me, soon I have to change computers anyhow, as this one is broken, physically, so I'm just hoping that problem goes away and does not migrate. Lastly, if problem is indeed GODADDY then 3rd solution would be to migrate to a new host, but again, that would involve a lot of work, without no guarantee of result.

    If anyone comes up with a solution, please share.

    Best,

    Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T12:43:31+00:00

    Thanks for all your hard work Jonathan! I'm with you I'm going to deal with it for a while it has its beginning to happen a little less frequently and it's only a pesky inconvenience. Maybe it'll get fixed in an upcoming patch. I've been for my it person of it so when he inspects the updates that are coming out and decides which ones to accept and which ones to disregard you'll have that in mind.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T23:42:54+00:00

    thanks

    please note that on my old PC (which has problem), I stopped receiving all MS updates ever since they came out with 8.1

    I have a new pc too, but I haven't transferred office to it yet, so I don't know if I'll have same issue

    bonne chance,

    jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments