MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SYSTEM TRAY RESET OUTLOOK PASSWORD POP-UP WARNINGS

Anonymous
2020-08-23T04:27:26+00:00

over past several days I have received 5 MICROSOFT EXCHANGE OUTLOOK SYSTEM TRAY POP-UPS for each of my 5 exchange accounts, one by one, and then it starts all over again

warning me to renew my Microsoft Exchange password

which expires in "315334799" days (number which decreases by 1 each day)

the pop-up ends with a CLICK HERE TO RESET PASSWORD (which I have not clicked)

I have cleaned up my pc with Norton, CC Cleaner and Spybot, followed by rescue sessions with Microsoft and Norton.

So far, no solution.

Even new profile with just 1 exchange account brings up reset warning.

GoDaddy says there is no reason on earth to reset my passwords (which I have not yet tested)

Apparently problem is not a virus, but I would like it to stop.

The only thing which works thus far is to turn off SHOW MS EXCHANGES MESSAGES in system tray, but this is only a temp band-aid.

Ideas? Thanks!

Jonathan

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-25T00:44:37+00:00

    Hi Jonathan,

    Based on your post, we understand that you're receiving pop-up warnings to reset your password on your Exchange account. We'll try to address this the best way we can.

    Since you've already scanned your device using your antivirus software and you're using an Exchange account, we highly recommend that you post this query to our TechNet forum page. This can help you get the most qualified pool of respondents and other partners who regularly read the forums.

    Should you have further questions, please let us know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-25T01:03:47+00:00

    Hi Jonathan,

    Based on your post, we understand that you're receiving pop-up warnings to reset your password on your Exchange account. We'll try to address this the best way we can.

    Since you've already scanned your device using your antivirus software and you're using an Exchange account, we highly recommend that you post this query to our TechNet forum page. This can help you get the most qualified pool of respondents and other partners who regularly read the forums.

    Should you have further questions, please let us know.

    Thanks for suggestion. I was not quite sure in which forum, etc  to post question.

    In the end, I opted for

    Exchange Server >  Exchange Server Development

    assuming that "exchange" here correspond to my mail server.

    If this is not correct, or not best option, kindly advise,

    thanks,

    Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-25T18:31:25+00:00

    It's fine, Jonathan. As long as it's tagged under Exchange Server. This forum category is composed by IT experts that can provide in-depth assistance regarding your concern.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-31T02:41:18+00:00

    Jomel,

    Hi, after about 10 days, I have received a grand total of ZERO answers to either of my posts.

    In addition, I finally got a Microsoft engineer, after my problem got elevated, to phone me and do rescue session, but he didn't even come close to a solution, and basically said, "I give up, live with it".

    As this strange prompt appears in the form of a MS EXCHANGE MESSAGE, I am able to turn it off by turning off ALL MS messages, which is not the best way of solving the problem, even if it does mask over warnings.

    Any ideas? I mean, this isn't rocket science, is it?

    Thanks,

    Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-31T21:08:24+00:00

    I have been getting the same pop-up exactly - for the last several weeks 3-4 time per day for my 2 different Office 365 email addresses.

    My IT person has run every scan he knows of and found nothing amiss.

    Have you found out anything new for TechNet forum?

    I have clicked it, but it just opens up my Windows Explore so I can brows my folders. It doesn't take me to any where that I can do anything to change a password or even enter any info at all.

    GoDaddy suggests that it might be a keystroke reader.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments