MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SYSTEM TRAY RESET OUTLOOK PASSWORD POP-UP WARNINGS

Anonymous
2020-08-23T04:27:26+00:00

over past several days I have received 5 MICROSOFT EXCHANGE OUTLOOK SYSTEM TRAY POP-UPS for each of my 5 exchange accounts, one by one, and then it starts all over again

warning me to renew my Microsoft Exchange password

which expires in "315334799" days (number which decreases by 1 each day)

the pop-up ends with a CLICK HERE TO RESET PASSWORD (which I have not clicked)

I have cleaned up my pc with Norton, CC Cleaner and Spybot, followed by rescue sessions with Microsoft and Norton.

So far, no solution.

Even new profile with just 1 exchange account brings up reset warning.

GoDaddy says there is no reason on earth to reset my passwords (which I have not yet tested)

Apparently problem is not a virus, but I would like it to stop.

The only thing which works thus far is to turn off SHOW MS EXCHANGES MESSAGES in system tray, but this is only a temp band-aid.

Ideas? Thanks!

Jonathan

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-02T02:18:28+00:00

    Given that we are both with GoDaddy, I had another long conversation with email support, however, 99% of that conversation was devoted to their explaining that they do not support Office 2013, which is my version of Office, as I did not buy it from them. ****.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T17:09:16+00:00

    GoDaddy made the suggestion after they told me unequivocally that there was absolutely no need on their part to change and passwords at anytime, unless fraudulent activity occurred in one of the 365 accounts. I asked them if this pop-up put me at risk of anything beyond irritation, and they suggested that the only thing they could think of would be a keystroke reader for of phishing - especially given that clicking the popup didn't take me any where that allowed for any information to be sent anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T17:04:58+00:00

    10-4. And likewise. Good talking with you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T03:29:20+00:00

    PS - all of my accounts are also with GoDaddy. Hmm... That might mean something. But nobody there suggested "keystroke reader" - from whom??

    Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T03:27:27+00:00

    Highly interesting! EXACTLY the same as mine including the exact same weird number (which sometimes goes down by 1 with each passing day). Personally, I have tried everything under the sun to fix this (Norton, CC Cleaner, Spybot, new profiles, MS support and rescue...) but no one even seems to have a clue. Fortunately, so to speak, for me, my laptop's hinges feel apart a year ago, my screen is dead (I work on external) and my hard drive has dropped out of bottom of PC and is literally sitting on my desk. I already have a new replacement HP all in one on my desk, about ready to go, but now I fear that back-up of my old drive might migrate problem to new computer, so I would prefer to solve first. Let me know if you find anything, as for me, I have literally run out of options. Best, Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments