MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SYSTEM TRAY RESET OUTLOOK PASSWORD POP-UP WARNINGS

Anonymous
2020-08-23T04:27:26+00:00

over past several days I have received 5 MICROSOFT EXCHANGE OUTLOOK SYSTEM TRAY POP-UPS for each of my 5 exchange accounts, one by one, and then it starts all over again

warning me to renew my Microsoft Exchange password

which expires in "315334799" days (number which decreases by 1 each day)

the pop-up ends with a CLICK HERE TO RESET PASSWORD (which I have not clicked)

I have cleaned up my pc with Norton, CC Cleaner and Spybot, followed by rescue sessions with Microsoft and Norton.

So far, no solution.

Even new profile with just 1 exchange account brings up reset warning.

GoDaddy says there is no reason on earth to reset my passwords (which I have not yet tested)

Apparently problem is not a virus, but I would like it to stop.

The only thing which works thus far is to turn off SHOW MS EXCHANGES MESSAGES in system tray, but this is only a temp band-aid.

Ideas? Thanks!

Jonathan

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-02T15:26:09+00:00

    If you look earlier in this thread, you will see what mine look like.

    Let me know what happens with Go Daddy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-02T13:24:32+00:00

    No I have not contacted GoDaddy yet but I intend to. If they will allow me to send them the link to this thread I definitely will. This is what my popups look like on every computer. I will update after I speak to them...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-02T13:15:26+00:00

    No luck. Have you talked to Godaddy yet? If so, try sending them the link to this thread. Maybe they will see and emerging issue that will motivate them to look into it more deeply on their end...?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-02T13:04:58+00:00

    I am having the same issue across 3 computers in my office. This includes 4 email address all of which are through GoDaddy. I find it hard to believe at this point that the GoDaddy link is a coincidence. Have you had any luck?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-02T10:12:21+00:00

    I am also getting this same exact notification daily.

    I also have email addresses from Godaddy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments