MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SYSTEM TRAY RESET OUTLOOK PASSWORD POP-UP WARNINGS

Anonymous
2020-08-23T04:27:26+00:00

over past several days I have received 5 MICROSOFT EXCHANGE OUTLOOK SYSTEM TRAY POP-UPS for each of my 5 exchange accounts, one by one, and then it starts all over again

warning me to renew my Microsoft Exchange password

which expires in "315334799" days (number which decreases by 1 each day)

the pop-up ends with a CLICK HERE TO RESET PASSWORD (which I have not clicked)

I have cleaned up my pc with Norton, CC Cleaner and Spybot, followed by rescue sessions with Microsoft and Norton.

So far, no solution.

Even new profile with just 1 exchange account brings up reset warning.

GoDaddy says there is no reason on earth to reset my passwords (which I have not yet tested)

Apparently problem is not a virus, but I would like it to stop.

The only thing which works thus far is to turn off SHOW MS EXCHANGES MESSAGES in system tray, but this is only a temp band-aid.

Ideas? Thanks!

Jonathan

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T06:07:07+00:00

    thanks

    I was not aware of this 2012 update (there are so many)

    why did you refuse to install it? (generally such refusal requires effort - the only one I refused was auto-update to windows 8.1) - are you 101% sure it wasn't installed?

    I think the importance of this update is ORIGIN of password warning

    cf. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2687351/description-of-the-outlook-2010-hotfix-package-outlook-x-none-msp-augu

    which previously was a total mystery to me

    as to the strange number in billions of days, of course, something is wrong

    I spent 1 hour on phone with GoDaddy and then after finding this Outlook update photo I recontacted Office support and same elevated engineer Noah, just phoned me for 2nd time and 1 hour later he said that he would elevate problem to LEVEL 3 which is their highest level and technician will phone me tomorrow at 7pm

    as for "Sara" fix tool, Noah said that will just reinstall Office and no doubt destroy profiles, etc. so me I'm not gonna do that

    voilà,

    Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T05:55:21+00:00

    Thanks for sending.

    Yes, but these articles referred to an update that was supposed to have come out in 2012. I never deliberately downloaded that update. And I've not seen this issue until just recently in all these years since the update went out.

    It also doesn't explain why I'm getting the notice because I have no admin who's going to set a passport expiration date.

    Furthermore, it makes no sense that the pop-up would show our passwords expiring in millions of days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T03:44:13+00:00

    PS - GoDaddy rep also sent me following link (tool) which they received from Microsoft:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4098558/scan-outlook-by-using-microsoft-support-and-recovery-assistant

    I personally won't be using this, as God only knows what it will do, but would enjoy hearing from anyone braver than me who tests same and if it does anything to solve problem, which I most sincerely doubt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T03:41:02+00:00

    UPDATE - SEPT 2 - seeing that everyone who is "infected" is with GoDaddy, I just spent yet another hour with GoDaddy on phone, and this time they "elevated" the case, but the final answer was still the same - all users having such problems are merely having "client issues" while on GoDaddy's side, everything is immaculate. The GoDaddy rep and I agreed that their company would no doubt take the problem more seriously when the number of cases grows from 8 to 80 to 800... If anyone else has news on solving the problem, etc. kindly post. Thanks, Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments