MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SYSTEM TRAY RESET OUTLOOK PASSWORD POP-UP WARNINGS

Anonymous
2020-08-23T04:27:26+00:00

over past several days I have received 5 MICROSOFT EXCHANGE OUTLOOK SYSTEM TRAY POP-UPS for each of my 5 exchange accounts, one by one, and then it starts all over again

warning me to renew my Microsoft Exchange password

which expires in "315334799" days (number which decreases by 1 each day)

the pop-up ends with a CLICK HERE TO RESET PASSWORD (which I have not clicked)

I have cleaned up my pc with Norton, CC Cleaner and Spybot, followed by rescue sessions with Microsoft and Norton.

So far, no solution.

Even new profile with just 1 exchange account brings up reset warning.

GoDaddy says there is no reason on earth to reset my passwords (which I have not yet tested)

Apparently problem is not a virus, but I would like it to stop.

The only thing which works thus far is to turn off SHOW MS EXCHANGES MESSAGES in system tray, but this is only a temp band-aid.

Ideas? Thanks!

Jonathan

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-04T09:10:54+00:00

    I have Office 2013

    the message is exactly the same as others have mentioned  -  password for this email ......... expires in "315334799" days 

    interestingly I have two email addresses from go daddy signed into outlook but I am only receiving this notification from one of them

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-04T03:12:15+00:00

    In my conversation with GoDaddy yesterday, all they do is check webmail for error, if it is not there, then problem must be on YOUR PC as client software only reflects webmail, if working ok.

    In my conversation with Level 2 MS engineer yesterday (second), due to GoDaddy coincidence, they point the finger at GoDaddy. Apparently GoDaddy buys the Exchange software from MS and then if anything goes wrong with it, it is GoDaddy's problem, not Microsoft's.

    I am expecting phone call from Level 3 MS engineer in 2 hours.

    What version of Office do you have?

    Thanks,

    Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-04T03:07:43+00:00

    When you click on MS update number, it obviously takes you to MS website, where update is explained with link to download.

    However, you should not take this "manual approach" too seriously, as this is always  the same when you investigate MS updates.

    99% of MS updates are fully AUTOMATIC and as far as I know, the only way to know if you have it installed or not is to check INSTALL/REMOVE Programs and go through the list. Whether such a list goes back to 2012, I kinda doubt, but ya never know.

    • jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-04T03:03:38+00:00

    which version of Office do you have?

    Me, 2013.

    I'm expecting phone call from MS in 2 hours from top level engineer.

    Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T14:02:30+00:00

    Of course! I just hope we find a resolution soon, things like this drive me nuts. LOL! Oh! I also found 2 tweets of people who posted screen shots of the same issue. I've asked them directly if they also have GoDaddy and I'm awaiting a response. Since there were mentions of it on Twitter (although I never use it) I posted a screen shot on my account tagging GoDaddy & Microsoft to see if I can get responses from anyone else out there who may have this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments