Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
There wasnt much point honestly. The 2016 was from a previous Microsoft HUP. I was just switched to the 365 subscription the rest of the office is on.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
over past several days I have received 5 MICROSOFT EXCHANGE OUTLOOK SYSTEM TRAY POP-UPS for each of my 5 exchange accounts, one by one, and then it starts all over again
warning me to renew my Microsoft Exchange password
which expires in "315334799" days (number which decreases by 1 each day)
the pop-up ends with a CLICK HERE TO RESET PASSWORD (which I have not clicked)
I have cleaned up my pc with Norton, CC Cleaner and Spybot, followed by rescue sessions with Microsoft and Norton.
So far, no solution.
Even new profile with just 1 exchange account brings up reset warning.
GoDaddy says there is no reason on earth to reset my passwords (which I have not yet tested)
Apparently problem is not a virus, but I would like it to stop.
The only thing which works thus far is to turn off SHOW MS EXCHANGES MESSAGES in system tray, but this is only a temp band-aid.
Ideas? Thanks!
Jonathan
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
There wasnt much point honestly. The 2016 was from a previous Microsoft HUP. I was just switched to the 365 subscription the rest of the office is on.
Thanks, well, at least that settles SARA as any kind of solution to this problem.
UPDATE - I finally managed to get reschedule appointment with Noah (MS Level2) for this Wednesday and hopefully he'll just put his boss on (Level 3)
By the way, what was the point of upgrading from 2016 to 365?
Jonathan
I actually used that tool to remove Office 2016 before putting 365 on it as simply upgrading wasn’t working. I haven’t changed my password but MS did create a new Outlook profile for me to see if the issue persisted, which it did.
that's good to know - that not everyone has Office 2013 - I just managed to track down Noah at MS, the microsoft engineer who's boss missed our phone appointment 2 days ago - this has been rescheduled on the 9th of sept, in 4 days
by the way, there are two other solutions which I personally have not tried:
sent to me by GoDaddy but is MS tool - which will apparently to a clean "reinstall" of Office
But again, me personally, I haven't yet done either of these, particularly Option 1 which is a bit dramatic
Jonathan
I have GoDaddy/Office 365, that was a recent change within the last week...however, i had Outllok 2016 before that. I get the notification on both.