MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SYSTEM TRAY RESET OUTLOOK PASSWORD POP-UP WARNINGS

Anonymous
2020-08-23T04:27:26+00:00

over past several days I have received 5 MICROSOFT EXCHANGE OUTLOOK SYSTEM TRAY POP-UPS for each of my 5 exchange accounts, one by one, and then it starts all over again

warning me to renew my Microsoft Exchange password

which expires in "315334799" days (number which decreases by 1 each day)

the pop-up ends with a CLICK HERE TO RESET PASSWORD (which I have not clicked)

I have cleaned up my pc with Norton, CC Cleaner and Spybot, followed by rescue sessions with Microsoft and Norton.

So far, no solution.

Even new profile with just 1 exchange account brings up reset warning.

GoDaddy says there is no reason on earth to reset my passwords (which I have not yet tested)

Apparently problem is not a virus, but I would like it to stop.

The only thing which works thus far is to turn off SHOW MS EXCHANGES MESSAGES in system tray, but this is only a temp band-aid.

Ideas? Thanks!

Jonathan

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T03:29:20+00:00

    PS - all of my accounts are also with GoDaddy. Hmm... That might mean something. But nobody there suggested "keystroke reader" - from whom??

    Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T03:27:27+00:00

    Highly interesting! EXACTLY the same as mine including the exact same weird number (which sometimes goes down by 1 with each passing day). Personally, I have tried everything under the sun to fix this (Norton, CC Cleaner, Spybot, new profiles, MS support and rescue...) but no one even seems to have a clue. Fortunately, so to speak, for me, my laptop's hinges feel apart a year ago, my screen is dead (I work on external) and my hard drive has dropped out of bottom of PC and is literally sitting on my desk. I already have a new replacement HP all in one on my desk, about ready to go, but now I fear that back-up of my old drive might migrate problem to new computer, so I would prefer to solve first. Let me know if you find anything, as for me, I have literally run out of options. Best, Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T02:35:15+00:00

    This is what I get - for either of 2 email addresses . Let me know what you find out. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-31T23:12:42+00:00

    thanks - could you email a screenshot? I even had "elevated" rescue session with MS engineer and he could not solve. Only thing that works, at least for me, so far, is TURN OFF SHOW MICROSOFT EXCHANGE MESSAGES (right click, outlook icon, system tray) - if you clicked on link in message you are a braver man than me - jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-31T21:10:35+00:00

    I have been getting the same pop-up exactly - for the last several weeks 3-4 time per day for my 2 different Office 365 email addresses.

    My IT person has run every scan he knows of and found nothing amiss.

    Have you found out anything new for TechNet forum?

    I have clicked it, but it just opens up my Windows Explore so I can brows my folders. It doesn't take me to any where that I can do anything to change a password or even enter any info at all.

    GoDaddy suggests that it might be a keystroke reader.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments