2 Outlook icons just appeared on my Start Menu and I want them to go away

Anonymous
2021-06-22T19:31:15+00:00

they do nothing. Can't even uninstall them when you right click.

I never use Outlook not even sure where these came from. I do have Office student 2016

I ideas on how to get rid of these??

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T12:38:06+00:00

    Those 3 icons are LEFT OVERS from the mess up with Edge and reinstalling. They are NOT bad icons or apps. they just are NO longer functioing and just need to go away.

    I have NOT installed anything that doesnt belong. ALL of these from 19th got reinstalled. 2016 Office doesnt appear because I got rid of that earlier today with that exe

    Cant someone just tell me how to get rid of these 3 icons???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T12:26:03+00:00

    Go to your Control Panel > Programs and Features

    Sort it by date time as last comes on the top, see what all things got installed recently which you can't recognise or verify.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T12:15:06+00:00

    i did it was the Microsoft one as directed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T12:13:18+00:00

    OK that got rid of ALL my 2016 Office BUT still leaves the Start Menu with the "mutant: Outlook Icons that do nothing and ALSO and Office icon that also does nothing.

    I would like to get rid of these before reinstalling Office.

    HOW????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T12:09:01+00:00

    Make sure you download any office installer from the official Microsoft Website, because you may end-up installing some spam version of fake Office installer which can ruin your system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments