2 Outlook icons just appeared on my Start Menu and I want them to go away

Anonymous
2021-06-22T19:31:15+00:00

they do nothing. Can't even uninstall them when you right click.

I never use Outlook not even sure where these came from. I do have Office student 2016

I ideas on how to get rid of these??

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T12:42:17+00:00

    MY bad BUT the SAME results

    NO Outlook and Microsoft 365

    Office ONLY comes up with the NEW version I had to reinstall yesterday so I could go and work,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T12:32:59+00:00

    You are in the wrong Search box.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-24T12:26:38+00:00

    You are in the wrong search box - you want the one on the left. (I realized after I posted that I forgot to highlight the search field. Sorry.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T10:52:57+00:00

    OK thanks. That I can do.

    When I search for Office & 365 I get 'No results"

    When I search for Outlook I get something in "Narrator app". when I click on that it takes me to Narrator. dont want unstall that even though I never use it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-24T02:47:48+00:00

    The orange office icon is the office dashboard - open settings - then apps - type office in the search field. select office and uninstall. Repeat with Outlook. both of these are fairly small apps - their size is a clue they are not part of the office suite.  I would also search for Microsoft 365 - just in case a subscription version is installed.

    Image

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments