2 Outlook icons just appeared on my Start Menu and I want them to go away

Anonymous
2021-06-22T19:31:15+00:00

they do nothing. Can't even uninstall them when you right click.

I never use Outlook not even sure where these came from. I do have Office student 2016

I ideas on how to get rid of these??

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T22:52:13+00:00

    hi. right click works but Office AND Outlook are NOT in the apps folder. and Uninstall on Office doesnt work.

    also not in shell either. one drive and one note are there but not the other 3

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-24T21:34:46+00:00

    right click, More > App Settings and uninstall.

    if the right click is dead, is there a shortcut in this folder?

    C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

    or are they in this folder? (type this in the address field in file explorer)

    shell:AppsFolder

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T21:11:27+00:00

    I am talking about these LEFT OVER icons on my Start Menu that do nothing and go nowhere.

    https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/b9637e35-4d98-4672-bb2a-7776a11c18e3?platform=QnA Office Student 2016 is all reinstalled and working fine.

    ALL I want to do is GET RID OF THE ABOVE 3 icons.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-24T20:58:35+00:00

    Are you talking about the office dashboard thingy?  It's a windows app - reinstall it from the windows store or repair it if you want it. (personally, I wouldn't waste my time - its useless IMHO - but is a small app so its not a space hog.)

    The office dashboard is the black and orange icon - the icon group is the office apps (don't ask me why some icons are tiny). With Home & student, you'll only have word, excel, and powerpoint - plus at least OneNote app , if not OneNote 2019.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T12:53:14+00:00

    But what maybe weird is that the Office version I had to reinstall shows in APP list

    BUT it does NOT show up anywhere on Start menu. The Excel Word etc show up and work perfectly BUT the Office that is listed there is the one that doesn NOT work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments