2 Outlook icons just appeared on my Start Menu and I want them to go away

Anonymous
2021-06-22T19:31:15+00:00

they do nothing. Can't even uninstall them when you right click.

I never use Outlook not even sure where these came from. I do have Office student 2016

I ideas on how to get rid of these??

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-24T20:58:35+00:00

    Are you talking about the office dashboard thingy?  It's a windows app - reinstall it from the windows store or repair it if you want it. (personally, I wouldn't waste my time - its useless IMHO - but is a small app so its not a space hog.)

    The office dashboard is the black and orange icon - the icon group is the office apps (don't ask me why some icons are tiny). With Home & student, you'll only have word, excel, and powerpoint - plus at least OneNote app , if not OneNote 2019.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T12:53:14+00:00

    But what maybe weird is that the Office version I had to reinstall shows in APP list

    BUT it does NOT show up anywhere on Start menu. The Excel Word etc show up and work perfectly BUT the Office that is listed there is the one that doesn NOT work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T12:42:17+00:00

    MY bad BUT the SAME results

    NO Outlook and Microsoft 365

    Office ONLY comes up with the NEW version I had to reinstall yesterday so I could go and work,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T12:32:59+00:00

    You are in the wrong Search box.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-24T12:26:38+00:00

    You are in the wrong search box - you want the one on the left. (I realized after I posted that I forgot to highlight the search field. Sorry.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments