2 Outlook icons just appeared on my Start Menu and I want them to go away

Anonymous
2021-06-22T19:31:15+00:00

they do nothing. Can't even uninstall them when you right click.

I never use Outlook not even sure where these came from. I do have Office student 2016

I ideas on how to get rid of these??

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T14:39:28+00:00

    Let us try uninstalling leftovers files using PowerShell, please follow the below steps:

    1. Right-click Start The Windows 10 Start icon and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) or Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the Windows PowerShell window, type the following:

    Get-AppxPackage -name “Microsoft.Office.Desktop” | Remove-AppxPackage

    1. Press Enter.

    This takes a few minutes. Once it's done, a new command prompt appears.

    Once done, please restart the system and verify if the icons are still there or not.

    For more information, check this webpage:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/unin...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T14:34:37+00:00

    I KNOW it does nothing there is a MORE and it does NOTHING. I just need to get RID of that Icon all togther

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T14:28:12+00:00

    Sorry, forgot to share screenshot in last message, here it is:

    https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.c...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T14:27:51+00:00

    On this screenshot, I see one option under "More" - named as "App Settings" - that's not normally available when you install Outlook, can you try clicking on that and see what does it load?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T14:03:55+00:00

    New computers come with a trial version of Office.

    Have you uninstalled the trial version?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments