emails from outlook to bigpond.net.au

Anonymous
2021-11-21T01:10:36+00:00

Emails sent using Outlook & outlook.com account (on HP Laptop, iMac & iPhone) to a family bigpond.net.au address are not getting through for last 3 days. Web-version does not appear to have this problem.

I'm not very tech so struggling with all the articles with similar messages & solutions.

Does anyone have a simple explanation/solution I could follow?

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

"******@bigpond.net.au"
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, a connection to the remote server couldn't be made.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that your email system is unable to connecto their email system. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com
Receiving server: TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com 

"******@bigpond.net.au"
11/20/2021 1:42:45 AM - Server at TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com returned '550 5.4.317 Message expired, cannot connect to remote server(421 4.7.25 Temporarily rejected. Reverse DNS for 40.92.98.107 failed. IB108)'
11/20/2021 1:36:53 AM - Server at bigpond.net.au (203.36.137.234) returned '450 4.4.317 Cannot connect to remote server [Message=421 4.7.25 Temporarily rejected. Reverse DNS for 40.92.98.107 failed. IB108] [LastAttemptedServerName=bigpond.net.au] [LastAttemptedIP=203.36.137.234:25] OS0JPN01FT008.eop-JPN01.prod.protection.outlook.com'

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-02T04:32:10+00:00

    HI,
    I came on here today see if I could find a solution to this issue. My (87 year old) mother-in-law sends emails from her Hotmail /Outlook account to her son/ my husband (who has a Bigpond email) and to me (Hotmail/Outlook) at least twice every day , so we know she is alive! For the past 10 days or so (I think since 21 Nov) her emails to the Bigpond address have bounced back, and she has received none from him either, but she can send them to me on Outlook okay and vice versa.
    We were blaming her for user error (she is 87 and does well but does get confused a lot!) so i am sort of glad that it is an Outlook to Bigpoond issue and desperatley hope that Glenn (ore someone) can give us a solution!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-02T05:03:22+00:00

    Thanks for your persistence David

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-02T05:41:48+00:00

    To ALL the users trying to sort out this issue, THANKS. I too have the problem, only with Bigpond though at this stage.

    Fortunately I have a Bigpond email account and use this when sending emails.

    Les

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-02T08:43:02+00:00

    Hi all - I can now send to Bigpond - and be received. I hope all those affected have now also had their service fixed. Thanks to the MS folks who made it happen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-02T09:47:47+00:00

    yep good for me too - thanks MS and again your persistence David

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments